Amplify Youth Health Collective is thrilled to partner with Elevatus Training to bring their in-service training Teaching Students and Adults with Developmental Disabilities about Healthy Sexuality to our collective. People with developmental disabilities are sexual beings just like anyone else, but often don’t have access to age-appropriate, medically accurate sexuality education. They are also at risk for unplanned pregnancy, sexually transmitted infections, being abused, and experiencing loneliness at a much higher rate than the general population. In this live, online workshop, we will explore specific issues that people with developmental disabilities face and learn practical tools and skills for teaching this population about healthy sexuality.
Registration is closed for this training – Join our email list to learn about new training opportunities as soon as they are announced
In this full-day workshop, participants will:
- Explain the specific issues people with developmental disabilities face regarding sexuality, disability history, and culture.
- Explore what topics need to be covered, effective skills and tools for teaching this population, and ways to adapt lessons to meet various learning needs.
- Identify respectful and preferred language to use when educating people with developmental disabilities.
- Explain best practices for teaching sexuality to people with developmental disabilities.
- Explain ways to work with parents of young and grown children with developmental disabilities
This full-day workshop will be held on June 22nd, 2021 via ZOOM.
You will be contacted prior to the training with zoom links and other important information.