Amplify Youth Health Collective is thrilled to partner with Search Institute to bring The Intentional Relationships Workshop to our collective. Relationships are too important to leave to chance. Educational success and social-emotional development blossom when caring adults and supportive peers are present in young people’s lives. Extensive research has documented relationships as the roots of social and emotional development for youth. Yet many professionals who work directly with youth, especially youth from marginalized communities, face challenges in forming well-rounded relationships that connect with the diverse needs of youth. This workshop helps participants learn to intentionally build developmental relationships with young people to powerfully benefit youth learning and development.
In this 2-session workshop, participants will:
- Identify the difference between being intentional and being inclusive.
- Believe that relationships impacted their own development
- Assess their relational style using the Developmental Framework
- Understand the origins of the Developmental Framework
- Be able to identify the 5 elements of the Developmental Relationships Framework
- Identify some ways that the 5 elements are reflected in their current practices
- Identify and commit to using one element of the framework in daily practice to cultivate developmental relationships with young people
- Identify approaches to building developmental relationships that are available in the Relationship Builder’s Guidebook included in the workshop
Sessions will be held on June 16th & June 17th, 2021 from 1pm-3:15pm CST via ZOOM.
You will be contacted prior to the training with zoom links and other important information.